11 October 2010

I'm Movin' On

I heard this Hank Snow song (I'm Movin On) on Pandora, so I searched YouTube to see if there where any videos and I found this little jewel. What makes the video to me is the train. The train pictured is the Union Pacific 4-6-6-4 Challenger UP 3985. I just love how it's belching out black smoke as though it's giving Mother Nature the finger. I know it's wrong, but I love it!



Here she is in another video where she is really having the coal shoveled to her. Gives me goose bumps!



I've always liked trains. Diesels are great, but there's something magical about a steam train. The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI has the Allegheny 1601 on display. I so wanted to have my picture taken at the controls of this thing, but there were a bunch of school kids there hogging all the action. This is an incredible piece of machinery that really symbolizes Americas industrial might. If you ever have a chance to visit The Henry Ford Museum, you owe it to yourself to do it!

From Henry Ford Museum


From Henry Ford Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment